The theme for this week's Tuesdays on the Run with Patty, Erika, and Marcia is a check-in on final goals for 2016. It's so hard to believe that only a little over two months are left to the year! Back in December of 2015, I posted a list of goals I had set for myself to accomplish at some point over the following 12 months. As we approach the end of that window, now is as good a time as any to look back at how things have gone so far and what can be done to possibly check a few of them off the list.
1. 12 in 12 - I had planned to try and run a race at least once a month during the year. Looking back, I'm at about 50%. I was right on track to meet this goal until the summer months hit and then things got unexpectedly busy. I'm currently slated to run the Pittsburgh 10 Miler in November to round the year out at seven races.
2. Strength Training Regularly - I've been trying as of late to incorporate either a short strength routine or yoga into each day. I've become a believer in the benefits of these practices when it comes to both feeling better when running and injury prevention. I've even noticed a little bit of toning in my upper body, which I haven't seen since swimming in high school!
3. Finish First Marathon - I got to check this off the goal list in September with the Akron Marathon. If you want to hear how it went, check out my recap post! And since I just couldn't wait, I already signed up for Pittsburgh in May.
4. Increase Days of Running - With the training plan I followed for my marathon, I shifted from four days a week of mileage to five. Though it took some getting use to some days, especially when I wanted to come home and be a couch potato, I found that most days turned out pretty well.
5. Become a Running Group Regular - I never realized how many different things I have going on on Saturday mornings! Something always seemed to come up on days when I planned to join SCRR for runs. I still haven't given up on this goal, though, and plan to make full use of the weekend mornings to join in group runs.
With some time still left for the year, I haven't given up hope yet!